How to Get Involved
“It takes a village to raise a child but just a few dedicated people to start an initiative.”
There are many ways to get involved with the Belmont Open Space Initiative:
- Join the Committee: We need passionate community members to take an active role in the foundation of the Belmont Open Space Initiative. Help us develop our organization, business plan and meet our goals and objectives.
- Land Acquisition Support: Help us track down landowners, work with various city departments and reach out to the Aldermen for support.
- Graphic Design, Web Development, Social Media: Design our logo, serve as webmaster, create signage for our gardens and create our social media profile. If you have the skills, we need your support!
- Legal Expertise: Help us file the appropriate documentation to become an official non-profit. Work with the city and/or owners to obtain the appropriate documentation for a land use agreement.
- Community Outreach: Generate interest, support and volunteers for the Belmont Open Space Initiative. Connected with the local schools, church groups, businesses or other local organizations? Help us network!
- Fundraise: Help us obtain funds and supplies by soliciting local organizations. Grant writing experience? The web is bursting with funding opportunities for local organizations, all we need to do is apply.
- Donate Supplies: Once the initial phases are complete, this list will be extensive. Check back soon!
- Donate Time: Once we get a lot to use, clean-up begins. We will need all the man-power (or women-power) we can get!
- Other: Got an idea, skill or item not on the list? We welcome any and all suggestions.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Belmont Open Space Initiative click here. You can also send us an email at email@example.com.